26.10.10

A few of my favorite things

So...obviously I'm a day late on this...and I've missed a few posts in between...give me a break!!!

1.  On Thursday night, Aila came in to our room at about 4 am.  She was half crying-half coughing, and she said, "Daddy!!!  I have a fever.  Can you wipe it?"  The kid cracks me up.  She also thinks you can "wipe off" hiccoughs. 

2.  On Saturday, when I got home from work, Dave told me that when they prayed before lunch, Aila said..."AND...thank you for Mama."  ...melting

3.  Every night when we go through our bedtime routine, we read 2 books, say our prayers, then usually Aila wants to rock.  Our rules for rocking are that eyes have to be closed.  She blinks furiously for about 3 seconds, then says, "I want to go back to my bed now."  A new addition to the routine, though, is that now, after I take her back to her bed, she wants me to sit with her...same rules apply...she lasts the same 3 seconds, then she says, "Can you go now?"...But wait...it's not over yet...then she wants me to stand in her doorway.  Same rules, same 3 seconds..."Mama, can you get out now? Nighty-night."

I love this kid! :) and I thank God for blessing our home with her presence.  What a gift she is!!!

0 comments: