16.10.08

Who doesn't love prizes???

So, if you haven't checked out the Secret is in the Sauce site, you should. It's a lot of fun! Especially for people like me who have nothing better to do while they are at "work" than catch up on a little (or now maybe a LOT) blog reading! PLUS...they give you stuff! Yeah, that's right, like FREE stuff!!! I want this SO BADLY. It just might complement something I will receive via UPS today or tomorrow!!! (My husband is the GREATEST, by the way!!!) And, if you like free stuff, you should check out the Pioneer Woman. She has great give-aways! I wanted the Dutch oven so badly!!! I never win anything! ;(boo!)


Oh...and if you love prizes too, I have my own little contest going on RIGHT HERE (or click on the pumpkin on the sidebar) AND...since I have so few readers, if you can guess right, you'll probably win! ;) There will be a new picture to assist in your guessing tomorrow!


As cold weather approaches, I have one thing to say! Welcome back to the world of the living all ye little mice! That's right. They are back in full force; I guess I hope that this is full force, because if this is really only medium amounts of force, we might be in real trouble! The other day, I found 3 mouse droppings on top of the refrigerator! GROSS, right??? Yesterday, I pulled a Tupperware bowl out of the cabinet. Mouse poo! Um...and I don't think that mouse was super healthy because the color was a bit...well...let's just say off.


I just keep praying that this will be over soon! But I also try to remember that there are people out there who have a whole lot more problems! All in all, we are a blessed little family....so blessed, apparently, that God decided we needed more pets!



Last night I hopped in the shower. I let the warm water run down my back, and I just enjoyed the moment. You know that moment. The one where you instantly feel relaxed, at ease...you sort of melt into the moment...the stress of the day seems to just melt away....thoughts cease to exist for a small moment in time. Then I turned around and looked down. I thought my heart might beat right out of my chest. There was a spider...a BIG spider...one of those hairy ones! RIGHT.BY.MY.FOOT!!!! I was frozen in fear! I couldn't do anything. Thankfully, there was enough water pressure to wash him away. I'm still shaking from that one!!!



Then I was thinking...maybe we should get a snake...or a cat...to prey on these creatures that inhabit our humble abode...hmmm....Aila has a birthday coming up. Is there anything wrong with giving your child a snake on their first birthday???



Ok...now I know you're all missing your Aila photos, so I'll post some from tonight...stay tuned!!!

1 comments:

Grace said...

Do you want to borrow my mouse killer, Milkshake? He caught two at the last house (and I believe they died from heart attacks), so he is a certified mouse killer. But he is much older and lazier now, so maybe that won't work anymore.