28.10.08

Poor baby buner

Shortly after Aila's first few teeth arrived, I thought to myself,

"Self, do you know how lucky this baby has been? Even though you expected it during the whole teething ordeal, she hasn't had a BAD diaper rash yet. YEAH!!!"

Yesterday, I thought to my self,

"Self, you, my friend, are a stupid idiot!!! WHY would you think something so STUPID!!!"

Sunday night the "buner" as we call it (and I can spell it buner instead of booner if I want...it's MY word) started to look red. Nothing major...nothing a little Desitin couldn't handle.

Monday morning, when I changed her diaper, it was RED!!!

I headed out for work, and after about 30 minutes of being there, Dave called. He told me that Aila's buner was bleeding, and he wanted me to come home. I told him that I could come home for a few minutes (one of the benefits of living 2 minutes from work). He wanted me to know if I could take the day off. I told him that I probably could, but that her buner probably wouldn't be cured by tomorrow, and I couldn't really take the week off work because the baby has a diaper rash. Bless his heart, he was so concerned for her. How sweet is Aila's daddy???

Over all, today, the buner looks better, so maybe we, as a family, will slowly be able to recover from our first bad diaper rash...;)


5 comments:

Grace said...

Poor baby! No fun to have a diaper rash!

BTW, she looks really old in that pic. Tell her to stop growing!

jmt said...

They are no fun, poor thing. What I find great about babies though, is that they are resilient. If we had a RED tush and it started bleeding, we'd be on the floor crying and thinking we were dying. LOL They just keep chewing on their toys and shift their seat. :)

Anonymous said...

Dr.Smith's Diaper Oint is the best thing ever.....
Kerry

Burgh Baby said...

Butt Cream is magical. Just sayin'.

It's so adorable that Daddy was that worried!

Mandy said...

Poor buner!! Hope she feels better soon!!:)