I have to admit that since Dave is staying home with Aila, I feel teeny, tiny, minuscule amounts of jealousy. That being said, I also cannot express how grateful I am. I am glad that Dave gets this time with Aila. How many fathers get to spend this kind of time with their child. A lot of daddy's miss a lot of the firsts. Dave has been right there with her for most of them. That is so incredible- for him AND for her! I am glad that Aila gets to learn and grow with her daddy! They are forming a bond that will last a lifetime, and I can't be more happy about that!
Dave,
Thank you for all of your hard work. 5 years ago we didn't even know each other, and now, you are my best friend, and the incredible father of my daughter. Since you have been a part of my life, I have been so happy, and we, together, share so many blessings. You are an amazing father, and I realize that I don't tell you that often enough. I know that these are things that should just be "understood", but I don't want to take advantage of that. I want you to know just how incredible you are to me. Sometimes, I get caught up in the day-to-day, and I don't always remember to tell you...
You are the love of my life!
You are the greatest father to our baby girl!
Thank you!
I think she says it best with a kiss...
23.10.08
Her Daddy
Posted by Danielle at 8:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I hear ya. :) And that pic of her kissing daddy is adorable. I think it's wonderful how roles are getting tangled together and dads get to do things they didn't generally WANT to, back in the day....but it can leave you feeling...left out, at times. I think I might have it easier since my kids are boys and it feels good to have them get male bonding time...but I do feel a slight jealous slip once in awhile.
http://circlethesquaretable.blogspot.com/2008/09/my-childhood-was-great-where-was-mom.html
Here's to Mamas who work hard and love hard.
Post a Comment