14.8.08

Thankful for my lovebug

There is no greater feeling in the world than when your baby snuggles her tired little body right against your body, and her face is buried in your neck. In that moment, everything else seems to melt away...all worries...all stresses...all things left on my to do list...the world just sort of stops, and I honestly don't want it to start again. I could just stay in that moment for eternity.



I remember a friend telling me that, after she had her first baby, she was afraid to have any more because she didn't know if she would be able to love anyone else as much as she loved her baby. Obviously, she loved her second child just as much, but, in a way, I understand what she meant. When I first met the soon to be hubby, I fell in love in a way I'd never experienced before, and I love him with my whole heart, but when Aila was born, I felt a new kind of love. A truly unconditional love. I never could have imagined that kind of love before. I thank God every single day for the blessings He has given me.



It breaks my heart to know that there are women out there who crave nothing more than to experience motherhood. For those of you who dream of children, but have struggled along the way, go on over to sarcastic mom's page to see the thoughts of someone who may have been in your shoes.

0 comments: