9.8.08

Chicken and rice, bananas, and....BEARS!!! OH MY!!

Last night we went out to dinner (where-by the way- we saw some older man load his plate off the salad bar with nothing but tapioca pudding covered with applesauce and boiled eggs covered with bacon bits...that's all he ate...weird.) A nice little family outing...I took Turkey and Rice for Aila along with some bananas. (By the way...I used to like Gwen Stafani...what happened to her? Now she's totally suck-orrific!) Anywho...Aila hadn't ever had anything with form, so to say, like rice. So, she's sitting in her booster seat, and I gave her the first bite. She made a terrible face-which she does every time I give her something new-but chewed around on it. I gave her bite no. 2. She made a terrible fact, but she chewed around on it. I gave her bite no. 3. She promptly gagged...managed to spit out more than I had given her in all 3 bites combined, and started crying...like a baby...whatever...I know she is one and all.....So, I think to myself...hmmm...maybe let's go with b-a-n-a-n-a-s. She's going to town on the bananas, so I decide to go for a little sneakified attack with the rice. Slip a bite in- right----- HERE! She noticed. She moved that one piece of rice around for what seemed like an eternity, and when I thought, surely she had swallowed, we went back to the bananas for several more bites. After 3 more bites of bananas, a piece of rice gets pushed out of her mouth...hmmm.....she really doesn't like this rice, huh? Sometime after about 20 minutes of this funandohsoexcitingdiningexperience (which, by the way, my meal??? I don't even really know what I had after all this!), Aila grabs the neck of my shirt, turns me toward her, and looks down my shirt, as if to say, "I WANT FOOD....AND THAT MEANS YOU!!!" Totally appropriate for our dinner out, huh?



As I was rocking Aila last night to put her to bed...she isn't normally a problem...but that darn rice must have really made her cranky...she was squirming all over, and crying, and crying, and.....crying....Driving me b-a-n-a-n-a-s!!! Well, when she sleeps, she like to hold her silky. Sometimes I'll rub in along her face, and she'll snuggle into it. Last night, she finally grabbed the silky and rubbed it in my face. Guess she was tired of me.




OH, and...remember...sometimes good things do come in small packages......(SUBLIMINAL HINT- HUBBY- DIAMONDS, DIAMONDS, AND MORE DIAMONDS) We went to this little zoo in Caney, KS. Not a terrible drive for us, and it was so neat. We were so close to the animals, and because it was sort of rainy out as opposed to 2000 degrees, the animals were actually kind of active. We saw white tigers who jumped over each other. We say a tiger jump up to grab a tree branch...he was actually airborne...very impressive. We saw baby white tigers, whose momma didn't take care of them after they were born, being nursed by, none other than a golden retriever. Also very cool. This zoo was recently featured on Good Morning, America. It is locally owned by a couple, and they are in need of financial donations. If anyone is interested, check them out...at the very least, check out some of their pictures online. This zoo was unlike any zoo I'd ever been to before. There were a couple of lemurs just hanging...no cages. Everything else was caged, but you were no further than 3 feet away from the cages. VERY neat. Aila liked the white tigers the best, and I say that because they are the only ones she looked at for more than a few seconds. ;)



The lemur...right above Dave's head...he hand fed it a cookie

Black bear

Tiger

White tigers

Grizzly bear

Another white tiger...BIG white tiger!

Yep...see...I know my aminals.

2 comments:

Grace said...

Are you allow to eat when you take a baby out in public? I thought that moms had to suffer and watch everyone else eat while trying to feed the baby!

By the way, cool zoo pics!

chae said...

So, I am concerned about your fascination with Gwen Stefani and that stupid song. I hope you are happy, that is going to be stuck in my head the rest of the day!!