6.8.08

Joke's on me

Well...apparently there are 8 days in this week??? I guess I thought yesterday was Wednesday, so you can imagine how great I felt when I realized today, that it was Wednesday, and I had a whole day added on to my work week. Yeah!!! Pure, unadulterated excitement...or not...whatever...

Apparently someone else was really excited today. So excited, in fact, that she fell asleep.



Now...to address an issue that I have been avoiding....
I owe someone an apology.

To my poor unsuspecting offspring,

First, please know that neither your father nor I intended to do this to you. We both knew from the beginning that this was a possibility. I guess we just kept praying that "it" would not come to fruition. Unfortunately, our hopes were shattered as you have indeed inherited the unruly eyebrows possessed by both your father and I. There is one hope for you, though...Thank goodness the middle part is blonde, and therefore essentially invisible...for now. I will warn you now, that plucking and waxing are essentially exercises in futility. There is simply no amount of plucking or waxing that will alleviate the visual pain that is caused when the eye is drawn to the disarray of eyebrows. The inch long hairs that grow this way and that. I shed a tear for you today....sorry sweet baby. Just know that you are not alone.

3 comments:

Grace said...

Haha. Love the sleeping pic of Aila!

C. said...

Remember when I told you "you are hairy like a Chihuahua" ha!!! That was so dang funny. Oh!!! BTW Aila, I feel for you.

chae said...

ahh, poor you (and Aila). But have you seen Brent's eyebrows?!?!?! He was called dracula all through grade school. That is the genetic crapshoot my kid has to deal with.