Since Aila has started eating some solids, and her dirty diapers have become less liquid-y, I decided to get out the cloth diapers. Today was the first time I had used them, and it really wasn't that bad. The clean-up was pretty easy, although, it wouldn't have been a month ago. I'm glad I waited to try them out. They fit her pretty well. I do know, from washing them before using them, that they are not very practical as far as cleaning them in a timely fashion. They take FOUREVER to dry...I say "FOUR"ever because it took like FOUR times trying to dry them in the machine before I gave up and let them air dry the rest of the way. That took at least a day. Other than that, I'm really pretty pleased with them. I'll probably buy some more in the bigger size. I think we'll use them at home, and probably stick with the disposables when we're out and about.
Look at us...doin' our part.
***
Thought of the day regarding the rental...I recognize that I was born in the 80's and have not had sufficient time to gain much wisdom and experience with age, BUT, I have never known a household NOT to have a garbage disposal. The lack of dishwasher is difficult enough, as I am apparently quite spoiled, but NO garbage disposal...in house with mice...and roaches (had I not mentioned that yet?)...and ants (or that?)...and a dog that likes to get in trash.
I digress...
***
Aila had squash today. She's such a good eater; I have to admit, though, that it sort of breaks my heart each time she tries something new. My baby is growing so fast. I'm thankful she still lets me rock her. Our bedtime routine includes a little rocking time together; it's so great; I look forward to it every day!
She is SO close to crawling. The only problem is that she knows how to roll anywhere she wants to go, so she doesn't really have to crawl to be mobile. She'll probably just roll herself on into kindergarten! Oh well...at least she's got her looks goin' for her!!! (her Mommy thinks ;)
8.6.08
Green is my favorite color
Posted by Danielle at 9:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Al Gore would be proud of you. BTW!!!! How much oil do you think you used drying the diapers?(LOL)I used cloth with Sophie quite often and I found that air drying them was the best way. The also have diaper services... When you sell your house and have a bit of disposable income.
at least my dryer is high efficiency ;)
Post a Comment