I have kept a calendar for Aila since she was born, and I have tried to write a little something on each day...you know, because kids do new things every day, right? Well, I think I need something to spark my creativity, because all I can seem to come with lately is, "Aila was so sweet, today!" or "Aila sat up on her own for like 30 seconds" (but she also did that 2 weeks ago...) Ok- really- I know that the lack of creativity could be a direct result of extreme fatigue...But COME ON!!! Get with the program here, MOMMY!
I just cannot wait until Dave is here, and we can really focus on getting this kid on a schedule...(Hopefully that will help, and my mind will begin the trek back to normalcy!) Am I being too stand-off-ish about this whole schedule thing? I don't know. I think it's approaching time, if not past, that it would be acceptable to try the "crying it out" method, but I don't know how much good that will do when our lives are so chaotic, and we aren't in the same place for more than a few days. (I do have a few book recommendations from a few of you...just need to pick up copies and read them in all my spare time at work!) Maybe I need to push it more now, but I think (in my head...that is where I think, usually...that one was for you, Amber!) it doesn't really seem worth trying until we are a little more settled. I do believe we (Daddy and I) underestimated the affect the lack of stability would have on the LO.
Thoughts???
HA! We have a switchboard here in the hospital, and when phone calls come in, they page overhead for whatever dept, etc. The maintenance dept gets probably a hundred calls a day, hence the lady that works at the switchboard, says "MAINTANCE 71...MAINTANCE 71" That's right...she leaves out the "en" It drives me bonkers!!!
My apologies for the crazy trail you take when you read my randomness!
23.4.08
Lighter, anyone???
Posted by Danielle at 1:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Aila is GORGEOUS! Sometimes I miss when Alexis was that little. Sometimes.
I promise, btw, that it gets easier to write something new every day once they get just a wee bit older. Then the challenge becomes trying to pick out the one thing that amazed you more than all the others.
Post a Comment