13.3.08

Late nights

I don't know exactly when 10:15 pm became very late to me...it must have been sometime while I was pregnant....well...it's 10:15 now, and I need to stay up at least 15 more minutes to feed the baby one more time, in hopes that she will sleep better overnight. It's really weird. She was sleeping through the night almost from the beginning, and suddenly, she wakes up almost every 2 hours at night. I'll tell you...it stinks. I've wondered if she is teething, but I've said that for about a month now, and we still don't have any teeth! Who knows!

Aila is such a goof-er! (just like her mom) But-if she's not smiling, she's yelling- not really screaming-she's more of a yeller. Is it bad that I almost think it's cute? Maybe if I can figure out how to do audio feed, I'll post a crying session! When she was newborn I really thought her cries were adorable-now I guess it's almost funny (except between the hours of 11pm and 6am). That sounds awful, I know, but when you can't remember the last time you slept for more than 3 hours at a time, it's the truth!

Tomorrow, we are going to get Aila's pics done. I ordered a slip for her. I want to go for a very simple look. She'll wear a plain white slip, and her name bracelet. Tonight, I tried the slip on her to make sure it fit. She had it on with her white socks that say "cutie" on them, drool running down her chin, snot in her nose, and she was talking super loud. I was holding her up on the changing table, and she had her legs almost in an athletic stance...wish I could've gotten a pic of that...the camera was out of reach!

1 comments:

Amanda said...

Emma didn't sleep through the night until she was 6 months old. I had to get a book (yes I hate to admit it). I never understood what tired really was until I had Emma. I basically learned (from the book) that I was a "sleep crutch" for Emma. I taught her that in order to go back to sleep that she needed to nurse. Trust me, this is one thing I didn't mean to teach her. I swear by the book. Within three days of doing what the book suggested, Emma was sleeping through the night. I was at the end of my rope so it was great relief when we both got a full night's sleep!