14.3.08

One for the "girls"


Breastfeeding is the only way to do it, right? I mean it's natural, it's healthier for the baby; there's a long list of reasons to do it...and I'm glad I am doing it...BUT- come on- it gets rough.
If I would have started this site earlier, you would have been able to hear the tears through my words as Aila and I first started learning together. You think, "It's natural, right? So it can't be that hard to do." Well....just because it's natural doesn't mean it's easy. In the beginning I felt like I needed someone else to hold something- the baby or me-either one. There were too many things that needed to be held on to! We eventually got it down, and now the crazy kid is gaining weight like you wouldn't believe!
Breastfeeding wouldn't be bad at all if it weren't for the whole pumping thing. I love being able to nurse Aila-it's a wonderful opportunity to bond with her, and (this may be selfish) but I'm glad that I get that time with her. No one else can really bond with her like I can because of breastfeeding. BUT-Oh-the breast pump. I mean really, I think the only reason they don't call them "device designed to literally and rhythmically suck the life out you", is because the name wouldn't fit on the box!
Someday-maybe someday- my life won't seem to revolve around my boobs!

Here's to my hungry girl!

1 comments:

kerryk said...

She is such a punkin!! Is she wearing the shoes I got for her??
Hope to see you soon!!!