I'm anxious to meet him. My body is swollen, and I bear the weight of a blessing sent straight from heaven. How blessed I am!!! I am well aware that the "date" is nearly two weeks away, but something in me tells me I will see him sooner than that. Something in my heart knows he's coming soon.
I am anxious...."Do not be anxious about anything..."
"Be still, and know that I AM GOD"
I cling to the words in HIS book. They are life...they bear life...this life.
I drift off, but I wake before the sun. Today is the day...I can feel it in the ache. I begin the day, feeling like I know, but questioning myself. As the minutes wear on, it becomes more clear. The ache grows.
I walk, and it surges; I sit in a tub and it courses. It grows nearly unbearable, but I maintain composure. I know HE has ordained these minutes. It's only been 4 hard hours, and yet in some ways it feels like 4 days, and in other ways it feels like 4 minutes, and before I grasp the pain that courses through me like a tidal wave, I am looking into his eyes.
My thoughts are flying. Thank YOU. He's okay. He's beautiful. He's healthy. He's perfect. He is a gift straight from God. Thank You! He is my flesh...He is his flesh...He is our flesh and our blood and our gift, and thankfullness overflows.
For I live in eager expectation and hope that I will never do anything that causes me shame, but that I will always be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past, and that my life will always honor Christ, whether I live or I die. Phil 1:20
31.3.11
The labor of love
Posted by Danielle at 10:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment