5.8.09

Be still

"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

This verse was on my heart from the moment I woke up this morning.

Be still.

Be still.

Be still?

Life takes some crazy twists and turns, does it not? And, my mother was right. Life, as we've all learned, is not fair.

I have tears welling in my eyes as I search for the words necessary to convey my feelings. "Be still, and know that I am God." Sit in those words. Still...

There is nothing more precious and dear to me than my baby. She will always be my baby. (Even though she is now a temper tantrum throwing toddler.) My arms will always ache for her. I simply cannot fathom what life would be like without her, and my heart crumbles for those out there who have had to live that loss as reality.

These are two sites I have come across that have touched me to the very core. (The links go to the Mama's blogs...I have buttons on the sidebar for more information)

Jack

Maddie

Be still...pray...perhaps God intends for someone who happens across this site to give. To help. Or even just to pray.

My breath catches as my lungs refuse to allow any air to enter. My heart beats from my throat. My eyes burn as I blink back tears that will inevitably fall. My body burns in pain. But, here lies my baby. A piece of myself. A piece of my husband. A result of our union. A perfect representation of our love. An unimaginable blessing. A gift from God. And my baby breathes and walks and talks and cries and smiles and giggles, and I PRAISE GOD!!!

The thought of what a parent would experience losing their baby...I cannot even begin to comprehend...I only know that I would have to cling to His word.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

"And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7

I pray that parents who have lost their little ones find the "peace of God", and I pray that they rest in it.

"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken." Psalm 62:5-6

Today, God has been telling me that sometimes things are out of our hands. There is no need for us to do anything. There is, often times, nothing we can do. God is in control.

These dear little ones are with God now.

"The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field." Matthew 13:44

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain..." Revelations 21:4

Be still.

Know that He is God.

3 comments:

TLewis said...

Here is the link to her blog site in case you hadn't gotten it.
http://thespohrsaremultiplying.com/

Also here is another one I read...its from a male perspective about the loss of his wife and raising his daughter
http://www.mattlogelin.com/

Danielle said...

Thanks, Tracie. I meant to link to the blogs, but forgot to go back and do it!!! Thanks so much.

chae said...

Anything that makes me even think about life without Eli almost immediately sends me into tears. i made it to the post where the mommy was having a "Jack Day" and had to stop reading because I was already crying. It's amazing to think that we lived our whole lives without these little people even existing but the moment they enter our lives, they become someone you can't live without. Give Aila a big hug for me.