Mother's Day.
A day to remember our mothers. A day to thank our mothers. A day to appreciate our mothers. A day to shower our mothers with gifts.........oh yeah...and love. A day to force them to clean up pee on the floor and poop in the bathtub.
Huh?
I'm not sure that's right.
Only it must be. That's what I got on Mother's Day.
We had been at my parents house and it was sort of late when we got back. I had Dave run to the store to pick up some things for our dinner, but Aila was starving, so I fed her. After she finished eating, I took her to change her diaper, but when I glanced at my watch, I decided to just let her get in the bathtub. So, naked Aila is running around (sans diaper). She followed me to the bathtub, where, when I turned on the water, she promptly ran the other way. I started filling the tub, and I went to go get her. She? had peed on the floor. I took her to the bathtub...plopped her in...bathed her quickly...and like any good mother, left her there to go clean up the pee. When I came back around the corner, about 45 seconds later, she was squatted in the tub making a weird face. I walked over and looked down....lo and behold...two floaters in the tub.
Pop quiz: How do you pick up poop in a bathtub...without just picking it up?
Answer: You don't
So...I picked up the poop...each piece...and dropped it in the toilet. All the while Aila stood beside the bathtub trying to climb back in. She was none to pleased that bath time got cut short.
13.5.09
Mother's Day...just regrew skin on my hands so now I can post about it!
Posted by Danielle at 1:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You are not a mother unless you get the poop out of the tub.
You use a pail or shovel that just happens to be a tub toy too. Poop in the tub another joy of motherhood that no one tells you about ;)
Post a Comment