Well...we're all moved...and we're all pooped!
But....after quite a journey!!! HERE is our NEW HOME!!!
(we lost half of a tree the week before we closed ;(
It was a long couple of days of moving, but I want to thank EVERYONE that helped us. We had quite a turnout that we really weren't expecting. Several guys from church showed up to help, and really, without them, we couldn't have done it all in a day. And my poor sister in law had the roughest job of all.....watching all the kids! Thanks so much, everyone!
For the first couple of days, Aila went through a little adjustment period, but really, she did great. By night #2, she went to sleep on her own like normal, but bath time? Well...that was another story. I think if someone from SRS would have been within a mile of our house they would have sent the police after me because they would have thought I was drowning my child. The first couple of bath times were REALLY rough, BUT...because of some baby gastrointestinal issues, she got several baths this week, and she has now become accustomed to her new bathtub. (btw...baby gastrointestinal issues really = GIANT gastrointestinal issues...just fyi)
Monday morning (we moved in on Friday), I got a call from Dave. We knew that Aila was still recovering from the weekend as she had completely missed nap time on Friday, and stayed up about 3 hours after normal bedtime. Aila had gotten up at about 9. Dave was fixing her cereal, and he came around the corner to find this:
She had gone back to sleep...in quite an awkward position...on the floor. I guess when you are that tired, you just don't care!
Our new home sits on almost an acre and a half, so our yard is INCREDIBLE!!! However, this is where Aila likes to play...
by the truck
in her wagon...in the garage...and don't try to move it, thank you very much!
Also, there is a small county airport across the street from our house. You would think Aila would like to look at this:
25.5.09
Farewell, Mouse House. Farewell!
Posted by Danielle at 2:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I can't wait to come see the new house when I am back from visiting the 'rents and I want some apple pie! Cute pics of Aila! :)
Oh YEAH! That is your house!!!! Mom and Dad just moved into the red cedar house just east of you! We will see you out on the trail sometime! :)
Post a Comment