20.12.08

Anyone want me to pat their bottom?

I love everything about this time of year.

I love cold weather.
I love snow.
I love Christmas.
I love family time.
I love the fact that it gets dark earlier. (to me, it's cozy, not depressing)
I love buying gifts...especially when you find that PERFECT surprise for someone. (it doesn't happen very often!
I love taking time to remember the reason for the season!

Despite my "love" list, words cannot express how truly exhausted I am in this moment. We had Christmas with one side of Dave's family today. It was fun, and we LOVED seeing everyone, but Aila doesn't nap well if we're not at home. (AND...right now...we're in a hotel room...still not home ;( It's really awesome that I never have to rock her to sleep. I rock with her and read her books, but then I put her in bed, usually wide awake. The problem is, that when we aren't at home, she's scared...and I, for the life of me can't get her in that darn bed without waking her up. So, I just got done patting her bottom for the last like 4 and 1/2 hours until she finally fell asleep. I had been planning on a "catch up" blog post tonight, but the bottom patting took the thoughts right out of my head! Maybe tomorrow. I know you are all holding your breath!!!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

British is the same way. He falls asleep by himself at home, but when we go on a trip he has the hardest time falling asleep!

jmt said...

I had the easiest time with my first, he was the best baby. Now my wee one is a TERROR. I can't take him anywhere! I feel your pain.