27.11.08

Giving thanks

Every time I turn my head, I see more blessings that surround me. I have so much to be thankful for. So, just a few of the big blessings in my life (in no certain order)

*My husband. The love of my life. You may not believe in destiny, Babe, but you know I do! You were meant to be my blessing, my gift. I love you even when you leave your dirty socks turned inside out. That's big....HUGE! I can look back at my life and see so many things...times that were difficult...times that were good...all of those times led me to the moment I met you. You came into my life at a time when I was at a crossroads. Only later, did I realize that I stood at the crossroads for 3 different paths...you were the 3rd. You were my right path. Thank you....and I thank God for you!

*My little AI. You, are my angel. My sweet, darling, baby girl. I love you so much. You bring me so much joy each and every second. I never understood a parent's job until I became one, and even now, I'm just a beginner, but I have learned a few things. This job is difficult, stressful, educational, rewarding, amazing, incredible, the list goes on and on. Bottom line...you are a gift from God that I will never "get used to". Each and every day is exciting. I love you!..and I thank God for you!

*My family...I have a lot, so I will spare you all the list. You are all such an amazing family! I'm glad you're mine! Thank you!

*My friends. I have never been one to have a bunch of friends. (They take so much effort! ;) BUT, the friends I do have, I hold near and dear to my heart. You are my family, and I love you. God brought each of you into my life for a reason, and I am so grateful for that. You have helped me become who I am...you've helped me grow. Thank you!

*Right now, I am sitting on the floor of the mouse house typing away on my computer. I am thankful for a home to live in, a (very) full belly, a crib for my baby to sleep in, groceries in my pantry, clothes to wear........does this list end, really? I have all that I need and more. Thank you, God.

*We worry about shopping on Black Friday, what we are going to get so-and-so for Christmas, who's going to stay with the kids next Friday for the Christmas party?, where can I find such and such?...it is so easy for us to forget that our nation is at war. Today, I am reminded to say a prayer of thankfulness for the service men and women of this country who are serving our nation so that we, ultimately, might continue to live in peace with freedom. Thank you, for putting your lives on the line daily. This country would not exist if it were not for the soldiers of yesterday.

*God. Thank you for the ultimate gift of salvation. Without you, I would be nothing...I would have nothing. My ultimate thanks belongs to You. Thank you....thank you!


My prayer tonight is that others might have as much to be thankful for as I do.



0 comments: