I, as a mother, have learned some lessons in regards to birthday parties...
1. Try to have the cake decorated the day before the birthday...if you want to see your kid on his/her birthday, that is.
2. IF AT ALL possible, host said birthday party at your home. This way, when the party comes to an end, you can kindly see your guests off and worry about clean-up the next day.
3. Take the next day off work!
4. Don't use black frosting on the kid's cake.
5. Prepare yourself...just prepare okay.
I know that the first birthday is a big deal, but my sister in law said it best today..."A big milestone--more for mommy than for them, huh? So far, I think the first birthday is the most emotional for mommy." I don't know if it had to do with the fact that I had been on my feet for 13 hours, I hadn't seen my baby all day, or what, but I was in tears on the way home! This last year has gone so fast, and it breaks my heart because, while it is AMAZING to watch Aila grow...and learn...and experience her life, I miss each and every yesterday. The last year has been an incredible journey...to say the very least. I started to write you a letter, Aila, but given the emotional nature...I decided to save it just for you in your journal. You are such an incredible blessing, Aila. When I look at you, I see just how incredible God is.
The party? was great! Aila had a blast!
This morning, she weighed in a full 12.3 pounds heavier than yesterday! OK...that might be a slight exaggeration...But honestly...that belly was FULL!all.day.long...even after the dirty diaper than turned her bottom....BLUE??? Her cake had black frosting, and I think the black color had a lot of red in it because that is the color my hands turned, and the cake also had yellow...now...if I remember from 1st grade art correctly? Red and yellow=orange; however, once mixed:

4 comments:
You MADE that cake? Wow. You are such a good Mommy. I....buy Costco. LOL I have the party in places where "hostesses" clean up, the party place kicks us out after X amount of time, and I make my family help haul the gifts back to our house. LOL Oh, and the places we pick? They make the kids TIRED. A lake, an arcade/kiddy ride place, and a gymnastics arena. Oh yeah...nap time. It looks like she raked in some good gifts!! (it's good she's a girl-we received a ball pit too at bday #2, and those balls became a "ball tag" game. hopefully she has more sense.)
That cake was awesome! I love the bee!! And she is adorable playing with her doll stroller! So cute!!:)
I'm sorry your grandfather's not doing well. I'll keep him in my prayers...
Cute cake! I love it! By the way, lots of blue frosting isn't good either. Nathaniel had a Bug's Life cake many, many years ago and I still remember the neon poop that lasted for days!
Hope Grandpa is doing better!
The cake is SO CUTE! She looks like she had a great day.
Post a Comment