Tired of the presidential campaign road??? I simply cannot wait...I am holding my breath...I am nervous in my stomach...cannot wait until this STUPID!ELECTION!IS!OVER!!!
I'm writing in votes for Tom Cruise...think he'd be an awesome president. Maybe Madonna as a running mate??? Boy, wouldn't that be great for commercials? or what about that dude that was President on the West Wing....or even better yet...President David Palmer!!! I LOVED HIM!!! and boy was he a great president! May he rest in peace.
I don't like to think about our children growing up in this heavily politically influenced world. Seriously, the 2012 campaigning will probably start January 21, 2009. So, our children will grow up hearing more about politics than I ever remember hearing as a child. (My mom likes to tell the story of how, when I was a kid, I was confused as to why they called him "Pregnant Reagan" if he was a man???) I think it's important to teach our children to research everything. You can't believe anything you read in the newspaper, or watch on television. The media is ALWAYS slanted one way or the other. Ohh...the world in which we live... Thankfully, my true citizenship is elsewhere.
"But our true citizenship is in heaven." Phil 3:20
It is sort of scary to think of raising children in this world.
Looking forward to Nov 5!!! Maybe I'll have a party!!!
10.10.08
El Presidente
Posted by Danielle at 1:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
The one good thing that these political ventures do for our children though...is make them ask questions. Obviously most of the topics, or at least the discussion ABOUT the topics, are over their head, so they ask questions. And we're able to explain what health care is, what the "economy" is, what taxes are...things like that. I think it's important to get these ideas of "necessary information" planted in their minds. I went off to college without understanding any of these things and I jumped into the job market not really understanding any of these things. I don't really think that's my parents' fault..they grew up in a "learn as you go" type of environment. I think the world is more complicated now and "each man stands alone" type of world has become the norm. I hope I can stress the importance of caring for yourself by educating yourself, and these commercials and debates and such give me the opportunity to plant seeds of inquiry.....especially for the 10yr old in the house, and even the 4 yr old to some extent.
You should have a party on Nov 5! Maybe you can invite over my political freak stalker guy who wants to invite me to watch every debate with him....uh, no.
Post a Comment