This weekend we headed up to Lawrence for the "big game", and by "big game", I do mean...oh yes, KU vs Sam Huston State. WOOHOO Rock Chalk, Jayhawk!!! Ok, so maybe not a HUGE game, but our first game of the season, so it was a big game to us. Unfortunately, even though we won, we played like poo!!! Don't think I'm qualified to make that statement. Well, let me just tell you, these days, I know my poo!!!
As we were leaving town, I realized I forgot the camera, and Dave said he remembered it and it was in his backpack. Well....it stayed in the backpack ALL weekend. SO...no pics from our fun weekend away.
We went up on Friday, so I could clean the house (that we are still waiting to sell! YIKES!), and we stayed at Chris and Grace's house. (Thank you both so much!!!) They probably had a pretty busy Fruday as Chris had just found out that he was going to have to leave for Argentina on Saturday for work! Even though they had a whirlwind trip to plan, Grace was kind enough to cook an amazing dinner! Then, after Aila went to bed, the four of us played rock band until 12:30 am....like we were teenagers!!! It was a fun night! Thans again, guys!
Aila stayed with Grandma last night, and I was so glad they got to have that time together. Grandma is so good with Aila, but they don't get to spend a whole lot of time together since we moved.
Aila updates:
Sat...Aila woke up early, and since we were guests, she was in her pack-n-play right beside our bed. As soon as she woke up, I rolled over, and picked her up and put her in bed with us. She was sitting between Dave and I, and she just started clapping and smiling. I said "YEA!!!!" and she just GIGGLED... it was mildy adorable. ;)
Today was, well, I guess the word challenge comes to mind. She was a GRUMP! I don't know if she didn't feel well (I gave her tylenol a couple of times, and it didn't seem to make a difference) or what...but she was in bed by 7:15...so I'm looking forward to getting up at 2 am with her! YUCK! Oh well, at least she lets me hold her in the middle of the night. I love just holding her...she's my sweet angel, even when she IS grumpy!
21.9.08
photo-less
Posted by Danielle at 7:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Being away from home will make them fussy and grumpy. Pretty soon she'll realize she was visiting the Jayhawks though, and it'll make the trips a bit better. :) Go Hawks!
I think that she was grumpy because she had to leave me and the kitties ;) Glad you all made it up and look forward to your next visit, but tell Dave that he won't be to stay over if he doesn't get better at Rock Band!
It was wonderful to see you on Sat!! Glad you stopped by the tailgate!!!!
Post a Comment