All I can say, after this weekend, is that *yawn* I'm exhausted!!! I had to work this weekend, BUT, one of the perks of my job is that the weekends I do have to work, I'm only at the hospital until noon, which is not bad at all.
While I was working, Dave took Aila to a parade on Saturday morning. Apparently she liked the people there and didn't so much care about the actual parade festivities.
I got off work at noon, and we headed off to the train station for a short little passenger train ride. It was great fun. We went about 10 miles round trip and it only took about 50 minutes...seriously. It wasn't a bad ride, but Aila, being the crapamuffin that she's been because of the whole teething thing, got a bit restless about 10 minutes into the ride. To occupy her, we started playing peek-a-boo from behind Dave's hat. After a few times, she grabbed the hat, held it in front of her face, and slowly moved it away to reveal a big grin! SHE was doing the peek and boo-ing. A few games of peek-a-boo, several O's and a lot of tears later, we disembarked from the train.
Every day with Aila lately has been a struggle. My poor baby doesn't feel well. She had 2 teeth break through on Sunday. They still don't look like much...how long does this take??!!?!?!? I think Dave and I want it to be over as much as poor Aila!!! Yesterday morning she was running a 102.5 temp. I'll admit it; I'm a novice. I know that 102.5 really isn't THAT high for a kid, but still...it scared me. So, we've been doing the tylenol and ibuprofen on a schedule...poor kid. We just can't wait for this to be over. I feel as though my creativity has been lacking because of all this, too. Just not much left in my head at the end of the day, I guess.
I guess I was too tired to cook on Sunday night...we had Socks for Supper! (I LOVED that book as a child!!!)

2 comments:
The pics are adorable! Poor Aila (and poor parents)---is she ever getting her teeth? Just wait till she gets the ones that have been coming in forever, then it will be time for molars.....
It will be over soon trust me!!! When one pops up it seems like the floodgates open.
One thing I have learned after parenting two babies is that as time goes on they never stay the same. I know that seems so silly, but it is so true. Teeth change them, potty training changes them, school changes them, and then one day you realize if you blink you might miss knowing who they really are. My eyes hurt from dryness because I never blink;)
Post a Comment