27.4.08

Yet another glorious night!!! and randomosity

Randomosity...my new word for the day...(although, after a quick question posed to the omniscient google...it is not a new word to everyone!)

Last night was beautiful!!! The weather was nice; it rained, which, of course, enhances anyone's slumbering experience. The LO slept most of the night; I got up once to nurse her, but she fell right back to sleep. YEAH!!! Magnificent!!!
I was looking at Aila's eyes earlier. There have been times when I look at her, and I think her eyes look green. Then, I realize it must just be what she is wearing...they are still blue. After I think about t his for a minute, I can't help but wonder....(get ready...this is my brain...which is sort of like someone else's brain on drugs...see visual aid)

I understand that color is basically the amount of light, reflected or emitted, by an object; however, when you get right down to it...because I know I personally don't determine the amount of light emitted or reflected from my shirt before I decide I'm wearing blue...how do we know that the blue color that I see is blue to everyone else. What if the amount of light my eye can perceive is different than you eye? Who knows? Maybe the color that we all CALL blue, looks green to you. Make sense? For example, we all grow up learning that an apple is red (even though some are green and some are yellow!), and perhaps, I call that apple red, but what I see is the same as what someone else perceives to be orange, even though I call it red...make sense yet? Don't you ever think about things like that? Does the blue sky or the green grass that I see look the same to you?
Have you all decided that you should feel sorry for me yet?
ANYHOO...Aila's eyes are blue...even if they sometimes look green...and even if what I'm calling blue doesn't look blue to you!

1 comments:

Burgh Baby said...

I think the sleep deprivation is taking a toll on you! Or maybe your body isn't used to actually getting some sleep and now you brain is trying to compensate by making you think. A lot. About colors.