When Aila was about 3-4 weeks old, she started getting really fussy a lot, and there just wasn't much we could do with her. Our pediatrician at the time recommended Happiest Baby on the Block. Which, by the way, is a MUST READ, in my opinion, for any parent- men included...that's right, Dave, next time around, you ARE going to read this book!!! This book was a great tool for us! Anyhow...of the "5 S's", the swaddle was probably the most helpful for Aila...the tighter, the better- she will sometimes actually grunt when I wrap her!
Occasionally, though...she would wake up like this!
Now, suddenly, she thinks she is a big girl!!!!
A little after midnight this morning, Aila woke me up with a cry. I stumbled over to the crib to assess the situation...she was still in her swaddle (both arms tightly wrapped), and she had rolled on to her tummy. There was no turning back over for her, and now, I'm afraid, we have to move on from the swaddle. I don't think she could get back on her back in the swaddle. Tonight I wrapped her, but I left one arm out. I don't know what to do....SOMEONE has suggested putting her to sleep on her tummy, and I really don't know what I think about that. No one has been very helpful with handing out advice, but feel free to jump in with suggestions/opinions at any time!

3 comments:
Hi -- I was always told that once they can roll over, it doesn't matter if you put them to sleep on their backs or tummys... but what do I know?!?
D,
Don't stress read your e-mail.
I sent you something.
Hi there - our little one rolled early too and it terrified me! Have you heard of Halo sleep sacks? i was never good at swaddling with a blanket, so we used the Halo swaddler early on halosleep.com - now we have her in the sleepsacks and they even have ones for bigger kids with holes for the feet. i think they will help you to sleep easier - i know they have helped me!
Post a Comment