9.4.08

Big week for Aila

Last Thursday, Aila rolls over, then yesterday one of her teeth came through...it has broken the skin!!! The other one will follow closely. The one on her bottom left is the one that came first. I can't believe my baby already has a tooth! Then, tonight, Aila decided she was going to hold herself up when sitting. She's sort of slumped, but she sat that way for a few minutes!!! I sat her down, and positioned her...
At first she didn't know what to do...


Then she saw the camera!


A side view for proof that there is nothing holding her up! (Yep...this is a different attempt...she has her sucky in this one!)


And she's out!

I'm starting to feel like each day is bringing some new major milestone, and I don't really like it. There was a point when I felt excited for her to grow and do new things and become more interactive, and I still do look forward to all those things, but on the other hand...I just want her to stay my little baby sugar pie FOREVER!
I feel like I am missing so much with her now, and I'm afraid that as she starts changing so quickly, I'm just going to miss more and more. I've felt really bummed out lately. I just wish that I could stay at home with her...you know the kind of wish where it just makes your heart ache! I am so tired all the time that I feel like the quality of time I AM spending with her is not what it should be, and I also feel like I miss out on her happiest and most active times of the day. I guess the best I can do is just that, right?
We went to the pediatrician on Monday!!! Aila did really well! I did okay! I asked the doc about her schedule...or lack there of, and she wasn't really all that helpful, so I thought I would start a poll....and I appreciate any comments anyone would like to leave with their experience/advice...here's our problem...
You guessed it...we have no schedule. One day may be COMPLETELY different from the next. I have tried letting her determine her own schedule, and I have tried setting her schedule for her. Neither have worked out very well.
Problems...
1. When I am home with her, we usually go-go-go..she naps in the morning and afternoon, but not all morning/afternoon vs. When I am at work, she may nap all morning and afternoon, or one or the other, or neither
2. When I am home with her, between the hours I would normally be at work, she may nurse 4 times vs. When I am at work she takes 3 (sometimes only 2) bottles.
HMMM...I know there are more problems, but I must be tired and can't think of them right now. I will keep thinking...

1 comments:

Grace said...

Nathaniel never had a schedule and he stopped napping at a year. I hope this doesn't happen to you! Of course, he likes to nap now that he is in jr high! Good luck with the schedule thing!