OK- just who could leave this little ball of sunshine!?!?!
Working mothers....I have a new found respect. Can anyone say EXHAUSTION?! In the first few days after Aila was born, until she was back up to her birth weight, I was waking her every 2-2 and 1/2 hours to feed her. I felt so tired; at times, I didn't know if I would be able to stay awake to feed her! Then, I went back to work...In my personal opinion, that fatigue I felt in the beginning is nothing compared to the fatigue I have felt since going back to work. I am in a different sort of situation right now, though. Dave and I decided to move back to my hometown area when a great job opportunity presented itself. We knew there wouldn't be a lot of opportunities for me in the area, so we decided, after much prayer, to jump right in. (Now, I'm feeling ready to hop right back out!) We decided that I would start the new job while we waited on our house to sell. Well...it has been almost 2 and 1/2 months now, and Dave is still in our old house, while Aila and I are (embarrassed to say) staying at my parents house. SO- for now, Dave isn't around during the week, and I get the responsibility of getting up with Aila every time she wakes up...every night. It's getting difficult.
My new job is very slow paced, at least when compared with my previous jobs. I find myself sitting around thinking about Dave and Aila most of the day :( I miss them both so much, and it's hard to want to be at work at all when there's not much to do. When I get home at night, my Mom has usually cooked (which will be one more task I will have to "re"assume when things get back to normal), so I eat, nurse, rock, shower, nurse, usually fall asleep on the couch for about 30 min, nurse, and pray that the baby goes to sleep without too many tears. I hope that doesn't make me sound like a bad mother! Trust me, I wouldn't trade my life for anything in the world! I love Aila more (or maybe in a totally different way) than I ever knew I could love another person. It's just hard.
SO- I've been praying for endurance (and for our house to sell, so Dave can get himself down here!)
Back to the working mother- I know that every mother is a "working mother", but I hadn't really thought about how difficult it really would be to work outside the home until I had to do it. It's hard enough to have to be away from your baby, but there are so many worries, too. I have been so blessed that my mom has been able to keep Aila up to this point. From the moment I found out I was pregnant, I prayed that God would provide a safe place for me to send her...what more could I ask for? I know most people do have to go through the terrible ordeal of finding a reliable, trustworthy sitter, and I feel for all of them! So, not only do you have to find child care, you have to be super organized, and I'm learning, you have to give up most, if not all, of your free time. (I get up 2 hours before I have to be at work, and I spend 15 minutes getting myself ready! The finished product isn't all that great, either ;)
Just my ramblings....Today, my props go to the working moms of the world!
My new job is very slow paced, at least when compared with my previous jobs. I find myself sitting around thinking about Dave and Aila most of the day :( I miss them both so much, and it's hard to want to be at work at all when there's not much to do. When I get home at night, my Mom has usually cooked (which will be one more task I will have to "re"assume when things get back to normal), so I eat, nurse, rock, shower, nurse, usually fall asleep on the couch for about 30 min, nurse, and pray that the baby goes to sleep without too many tears. I hope that doesn't make me sound like a bad mother! Trust me, I wouldn't trade my life for anything in the world! I love Aila more (or maybe in a totally different way) than I ever knew I could love another person. It's just hard.
SO- I've been praying for endurance (and for our house to sell, so Dave can get himself down here!)
Back to the working mother- I know that every mother is a "working mother", but I hadn't really thought about how difficult it really would be to work outside the home until I had to do it. It's hard enough to have to be away from your baby, but there are so many worries, too. I have been so blessed that my mom has been able to keep Aila up to this point. From the moment I found out I was pregnant, I prayed that God would provide a safe place for me to send her...what more could I ask for? I know most people do have to go through the terrible ordeal of finding a reliable, trustworthy sitter, and I feel for all of them! So, not only do you have to find child care, you have to be super organized, and I'm learning, you have to give up most, if not all, of your free time. (I get up 2 hours before I have to be at work, and I spend 15 minutes getting myself ready! The finished product isn't all that great, either ;)
Just my ramblings....Today, my props go to the working moms of the world!


0 comments:
Post a Comment