Why has it been so difficult for me post on Aila's blog lately? I'm going to compare it to scaling Mt. Everest! I have the intent and the stamina (hehe..I really do!), but not the time! Yeah...that's why I couldn't climb Mt. Everest...lack of time. That's it.
In all honesty, I guess I've lacked motivation. I've been tired, and she's been a toddler and, for those of you who haven't had or currently do have a toddler, Being tired + Caring for toddler = MEGA AMOUNTS OF TIREDNESS! I'll sum it up by saying that the toddler has been winning the battle.
So, why a post today? Well...I guess it's time to make the most of some down time at work, oh, and document a monumental day! Today...for the first time...Aila said something that is NOT going to be repeated. YIKES! Ok. Let's assess this situation. We don't talk like that in our house. The only television shows she has exposure to are Disney channel cartoons, and that is really limited at best. Ooohhh and Ahhhh...just WHAT have you been teaching my child? So what really happened, I think (hope, pray!!!!) is that whatever sound she made just happened to sound like a bad word, and she won't be making that sound anymore as it was totally random.
All cursing aside, talking, like so many other things kids do, happens so quickly. I remember thinking when Aila was getting close to sitting up on her own, that it was difficult to say if she was indeed sitting up on her own. Did it count if I propped her up, and then she didn't topple over for 10 seconds. When did it start counting? Talking is sort of like that, too. One day, she was making these crazy noises, and then slowly, either they started sounding more like words, or a lightbulb clicked on in my own head, and I started to realize what the noises meant. She says so much now. She yells for "Ha-HEEE"= Hailey, and one my current favorites is when she calls "Teener" = Turner (Handy Manny's screwdriver). She calls most animals by name, and counts...Oy, Eye, Two, Four, Nine. That's what I call counting...if it were the way I could count the hours at work anyway!
She loves Mickey and Minnie Mouse, so the other day I got her a Minnie nightgown. She LOVED it! She loves "nigh-downs" anyway, but with Minnie? She was in heaven! I have a feeling I'll be washing it every day!
20.7.09
Excuses, excuses...a little curse word will get me going!
Posted by Danielle at 12:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment