15.6.09

World's worst...

Ok... I have a confession to make. I am the world's worst blogger. OK...maybe not QUITE...that title could be held by that man I married! ;) (seriously...click the link...he really does look like that!)

So...what have we been up to? Let me just fill you in real quick like:
blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah...
Then this last weekend, we took a short road trip. We had a family gathering on Sunday afternoon, so we decided to make a weekend of it. We took Aila to the zoo on Saturday. We were a little worried that she wouldn't be interested, or that she would sleep the whole time (considering we got her up almost 2 hours before she normally gets up to go). BUT...we thought it was worth a shot. She certainly loves animals. She can do most animal sounds...does anyone know what sound a giraffe makes? I get a little confused sometimes, I must admit! Oh...and embarrassing confession #1: I sometimes can't remember the difference between lions and tigers! I know...I'm a complete idiot. (BUT...I can explain the mechanism of action of Tikosyn in the treatment of atrial fibrillation or atrial flutter...does that count for anything?) Ok...I digress...she does an awesome kitty imitation! (I've been trying to catch in on video for your listening enjoyment.) Anyway...she LOVED the zoo. She was a big fan of the elephants..until, of course, one looked at her, and made a move in her direction. She also loved the birds. A swan honked in her face, and she just looked at him and honked right back! It was pretty stinkin' cute!

On Sunday, we went to Dave's Grandma's surprise 75th birthday party. Happy Birthday, Grandma! Aila had been SO good all weekend, until the party. She had a minor meltdown due to the fact that she had woken up at 4:30 that morning and she had since gone nap-less. She recovered relatively quickly, and we were able to stay long enough to not look rude.

It was a good weekend, but I'm exhausted now! Nap time, anyone?

I'll post some pics soon, I promise!

0 comments: