14.3.09

Vom

Literally...VOM!!!

So, there we were, driving home from my mom's house (where we spent the day because Dave still felt cruddy and needed to sleep, and it's hard to keep a toddler quiet enough for an adult to sleep when you live in a shoebox!), singing songs together. Well, really, I was jamming to a little OAR while she was staring at me in disbelief (of how awesome her mother is), when she started to cry. I handed her a little fruit snack to snatch her attention away from the fact that she was tethered to a seat. She gladly took the fruit snack and stopped crying. About 5 minutes later, she started crying again, so I reached back to hand her another fruit snack. She wouldn't take it. UH-OH!!! I knew then that something wasn't right. My child? Refusing something edible? I turned my head for just a second to look back at her. She was making a terrible face, and then BLAH!!!!

Yes.

Vomit.

Puke.

Spew.

Ralph.

The thing I have been dreading since I first learned of this child's existence.

I quickly pulled over on the side of the highway. I moved quickly to avoid losing my own cookies. I stripped her down, wiped her carseat as best I could, buckled her back in, and drove (a little more quickly than normal) home. She cried the whole way home. It was NOT FUN. Poor baby. She looked mortified. She kept looking down at her carseat where it was wet, and she looked scared! It was, again, I repeat, NOT FUN!!!

However, by the time we got home. She was fine. I was scared because Dave has been so sick, but she seemed to be fine. My niece, the day before, had thrown up once, and then not again. Maybe these little bugs just don't like the kiddos as well as the big people!!!

All in all, I was proud of the way I handled myself. I held it together. It wasn't until I got home and started taking the cover off her seat that I actually started to gag. I did pretty good, right?

*********************

On a much less stinky note....

Yesterday Aila learned to blow kisses!!!

3 comments:

C. said...

Try that times 200. Sophia is notoriously car sick. I have cleaned up her spew so many times. She has even been through four carseats in her short little life. It makes you so sad though. Nothing you can do about it. If it ever happens again on a nice day, the car wash is your best friend. (No, not for the baby, for the seat)

Grace said...

Ugh. Vomit is the worst! I hope everyone is back to normal now!

chae said...

Could this possibly be karma coming back to bite you for taking so much joy from my day of puppy poop/urine/vomit and baby diaper blowout?? Something to think about....