Well...I've been wondering the same thing...Am I still alive???
I think *checking pulse* so.
I love winter, but I think it must be getting to me this year. I've been exhausted, and I haven 't been making the time to do a lot of things that I should be making time for!
So...starting here....tonight I play a bit of catch up.
1. On 2/12, Dave and I went out of town for the night...WITHOUT Aila. That's right, I'm a terrible person who abandoned my child. I was awake the whole night worrying about her.
2. The next day, when we picked her up, she called me "Mama" for the first time. I said, "Did you just say Mama?" She said, "No".
3. It's been so long since I've posted that most of you aren't aware of the fact that we've been having a bit of a problem. Aila FLIPS out when we leave her in the nursery at church. It has seriously been bad. She was crying the ENTIRE time. Dave took her this last weekend, and they finally calmed her down by putting her in the swing. I didn't even know she would still fit in a swing! We used a swing for a while, but we got rid of it before she was 6 months old!
4. I have a family history of nail biting. I don't know exactly when I started biting my nails, but I'm pretty sure it was before I would be able to remember anyway. Lately, I have noticed Aila clicking her fingernails on her teeth. I really don't want her to ever start chewing on her nails, but I don't really know how to prevent it. I try to keep her hands out of her mouth, but, um....hello....she's a 15 month old! Suggestions?
5. FIFTEEN MONTHS???? I can't believe it!
6. (random order, I know) Another problem...a fear of all things noisy! The blow dryer...the mixer, the telephone, the alarm clock...you name it, it scares her. This one, I plan to ask the pediatrician about. I kept thinking this would go away, but it's been a couple months now, and it hasn't really gotten much better. I've tried showing her that there is nothing to be afraid of. I would make something sweet with the mixer, and show her that I had to use it to blend it together, then I would let her taste it. She liked the tasting part, but it wasn't worth the "mixing" part to her. I would hold her while I swept the house...trying to dance and sing the whole time...forget aerobics, just try that! Nothing has really seemed to help. Poor baby. Suggestions???
(Look at all that hair!!!!)
17.2.09
Still alive?
Posted by Danielle at 8:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
She *will* outgrow the noise thing. I mean, have you ever encountered an adult who ran for dear life when they heard a blow dryer? Cringe, maybe, but probably not run. She'll figure out that loud doesn't necessarily mean scary. Eventually. ;-)
Good luck with the nails, and good for you for getting a night out, mama!
OMG!!! I was so thinking about the nail biting thing. I have been biting my so bad lately. Normally I quit, then start, then quit and I seriously said a little prayer asking to shield So and J from that terrible habit. I know that seems like a silly request, but if you are a nail biter you totally understand. D - I don't remember when I started and unfortunately i don't think I will ever stop.
Post a Comment