4.11.08

The last word

Did you vote? Be heard, people!

There was quite a comment furor over this. AND...let me just say that the reason I do not like political conversations/debate is because most of us already have our minds made up. (This is just how I feel...I know a lot of people enjoy it...not me!) Nothing I say is going to change your mind, and nothing you say is going to change mine...not at this point in this election anyway. Furthermore, anything you throw at me, I can spin it and throw it back, and vice versa. That does not mean, however, that I think when you feel strongly about something that you should hold your tongue. When you feel led to do so, make your causes known, and do so with passion and intelligence.



Now Aila, (maybe I should have started here in the first place)

Please, always remember where your freedom comes from. Please remember that voting has not always been a privilege that we have had, as women...as citizens of a free nation. Our freedom came at a price, and so did our right to cast our ballot. We are blessed, and we should treat that blessing with respect. Do not take advantage of that right. Do not forget that men and women put their lives on the line so that our voice could be heard. Always, always, let your voice be heard.

3 comments:

C. said...

I am so LMAO at the "belly of the beast" or as you say Furvor that your blog post created. I want a shirt that reads. If you actually think either of these schmucks can make a difference than you are sadly delusional. Hey Obama!!! Your rhetoric is nauseating and all this changy talk makes me think you are some sort of (well just odd) Besides this Danielle's Blog. She can say what she wants when she wants, and how she wants it. Sweet child you don't have to justify your views. I will simply state them for you K' McCain 08, CNN SUCKS, Go Fox News!! This country is going to hell in a hand basket from the lack of morals and values. I bleed red not blue.

HA!!! Love it. Rock the Vote man!!!

chae said...

Wow...just wow.

C. said...

E-Mails, Comments and disdain for my post. My God!!!! People have a sense of humor already. Hail to the Chief...