OK...since I now have proof that I'm not the only one that realized this...

Who in the world picked out Michelle Obama's dress for last night? Really, what was she wearing. Was it a dress with a sweater and some sort of formal chaps...for a dress??? It had me confused, I must admit. I'll confess I was not wearing my glasses last night, so my thought, what is that monstrosity she is wearing??? was pushed aside. I thought surely I'm seeing something that isn't really there....Is it red?...Is it black?...I she wearing a double holster that somehow wraps around her backside??? I know...it was some sort of reverse apron... I tried not to focus on it. But all I could see was that TERRIBLEDRESS!!!!!
Upon further inspection today, I was not seeing anything that wasn't there....I saw correctly...
Terrible....
It looked like something a first episode Project Runway cast-off would have made.
TERRIBLE!
Michelle Obama, please let someone else teach your daughters how to dress. Really. For their sake! AND...you changing that dress? Is that a change I can believe in???

Who in the world picked out Michelle Obama's dress for last night? Really, what was she wearing. Was it a dress with a sweater and some sort of formal chaps...for a dress??? It had me confused, I must admit. I'll confess I was not wearing my glasses last night, so my thought, what is that monstrosity she is wearing??? was pushed aside. I thought surely I'm seeing something that isn't really there....Is it red?...Is it black?...I she wearing a double holster that somehow wraps around her backside??? I know...it was some sort of reverse apron... I tried not to focus on it. But all I could see was that TERRIBLEDRESS!!!!!
Upon further inspection today, I was not seeing anything that wasn't there....I saw correctly...
Terrible....
It looked like something a first episode Project Runway cast-off would have made.
TERRIBLE!
Michelle Obama, please let someone else teach your daughters how to dress. Really. For their sake! AND...you changing that dress? Is that a change I can believe in???

3 comments:
I was just telling my co-worker the same thing yesterday. She loves MO, but we both decided that The First Lady Elect needs a stylist. Some of the outfits she has worn during this campaign have been a bit off base. She should have followed Palins lead and spent some of the campaign contributions at Barney's.
When I first saw her dress, I was not a fan of the dress. But I think it's pretty cool that she took a fashion chance and doesn't just wear a boring old suit all the time. I love her shift dresses and big belts. She shops at the Gap and J.Crew! She buys dresses from White House Black Market! Places where normal people shop on a regular basis! She isn't trying to dress in only designer outfits that cost more than most people's paychecks.
By the way, I think it was pretty crappy that the McCain campaign managers thought that Palin needed to spend so much on a revamped wardrobe. Did SP even know what Neiman-Marcus or Barney's was before the election? Looking at her wardrobe before probably not.
P.S. Please don't let your hubby teach your daughter how to dress or she will be wearing Notre Dame sweatshirts all the time ;)
Yeah...I like the fact that she doesn't go for the suit look all the time either, and I find it totally respectable that she didn't blow 150K on her wardrobe. I just thought THIS dress was horrific!!!
Post a Comment