26.9.08

Stuff an O in it!

3:47 am: Aila crying


3:55 am: Aila still crying...despite my inaction. Slowly drag my body upward from wonderous thing that is my respite...the bed...and stumble toward Aila's room.


3:49 am: After changing Aila's diaper, we, together, stumble back to Mommy and Daddy's bed.


3:49 am: Because exhaustion has overtaken my mind, and I have no thoughts of my own at this time, I crawl into bed with Aila and commence nursing her. I am too tired to do anything else.


3:50 am?: I fall asleep.


4:00-4:10 am?: Aila falls asleep.


6:12 am: Aila awakens!


6:15 am: commence conversation:

Aila: babblebabblebabblebabblebabblebabble

Me: hmmmmmm

Aila: babblebabblebabblebabblebabblebabble

Me: (slowly realizing what is going on around me) Oh, good morning, Baby. How did you sleep? Mommy loves you! Say, Momma???

Aila: dadadadada

Me: No, say MMMMMomma.

Aila: (plain as day) Dad (Not dada...just dad)

Me: Aila, say MMMMMomma??? Please???

Aila: wahwahwahwahwahwah....and on and on and on and on!!!



Later (but not much) that same day


7:45 am: Aila eating breakfast

Aila: wahwahwahwahwahwah

Me: What's wrong, Baby??? What can I do??? Here, have a bite of cereal?

Aila: wahwahwahwahwahwah



Later (but not much) that same day

8:30 am: Aila ready for her morning nap...yes... at 8:30 AM!!!!!

Aila: wahwahwahwahwahwah

Me: Here Aila, let's snuggle and get some loves.

Commence snuggling with silky and burying her face in it. I put her in her crib, and she promptly flips over on her belly and falls quickly to sleep.



Later (but not much) that same day

10:15 am: Aila crying in her crib. She's not upset; she's merely letting us know that she is awake and ready to join us. We play toys and read books for a couple of hours.



Later (but not much) that same day

12:30 pm: Time for lunch.

Me: Ok, what shall we have for lunch today???

Aila: wahwahwahwahwahwah

Me: Oh, it's okay sweetheart. Let's get some lunch.

Aila: wahwahwahwahwahwah


and


so


the


day


goes...


Later that same day

Aila: wahwahwahwahwahwah

Me and Dave (simultaneously): OH...STUFF AN O IN IT, KID! ;)



**There may have been some gentle exagerration incooperated in this post for dramatic effect.**




______________________________________


We know that we have been so blessed with Aila. She really is a great kid. The last week or so, however, has been a bit of a challenge. She's a total grump! I can see 4 teeth coming on the bottom, and I can kind of see 2 on the top, but the top is harder to get a good look at. She's been running low grade temps here and there. I just keep thinking...I HOPE THIS IS THE TEETH. Surely, my sweet baby's wonderful disposition isn't gone for good!!!




At least she likes her medicine!!!

1 comments:

jmt said...

It isn't gone for good...promise. Just be sure it's only teething b/c unfortunately ear infections can come with them, and antis can help them a bit. I know recent studies suggest that ear infections can clear on their own, but the antibiotics never hurt my 4 year old and they allowed him to eat and rest much better than he was BEFORE them....*shrugging* I prefer eating to non-eating, and I prefer sleeping to wailing.