22.8.08

Cheers for Cheerios

This video was promised quite a while back....the high five video. She's a genius, but apparently she doesn't get it from me...it took me 3 months to figure out how to transfer video from my camera to the computer.

This...was such a fun day. Aila smiles a lot, but she doesn't give us the pleasure of hearing her laugh all that often. I guess she saves it for special occasions-like when the dog is jumping around to eat her Cheerios! When I do hear that sweet laughter, my heart skips a beat. Burgh Baby's mom said recently that she thinks she touched happiness. I completely understand what she means. It's amazing how this incredible baby can make something intangible feel like it is touching my heart directly.

I can't believe how quickly my baby girl is growing up. We were at the doctor's office today...21 pounds 14 ounces!!! No wonder I get tired lugging you around! (I love every single moment!)

My arms ache for yesterday, wrap themselves around today, and gleefully anticipate tomorrow.

I love you and every second you bring me, Aila. You bring me such joy! I thank God for you every single day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm commenting.... no really.. i love the video of the laughing Aila. I need to see her soon!
kerry

Burgh Baby said...

That was such a sweet post, and the videos are positively adorable!

TLewis said...

The video's were wonderful. Got to love a "high five" and babies laughter!!

Grace said...

The laugh is so cute. She really is a sweetie pie! Glad that we got to hang out with you tonight!