29.7.08

Right is so much better

Once upon a time....whilst I was in the throes of the immediate post partum experience...there lived a tiny little Aila. Tiny little Aila needed required only a small amount of attention...at least in comparisons to one thousand tiny little Aila's. One thing tiny little Aila did need, however, was nourishment. Now, tiny little Aila and I know that God knows what He is doing. Tiny little Aila and I know that God created the human body with incredible detail, and that God gave all mommies milk to feed their own respective tiny little Aila's. What tiny little Aila and I did not know was just how difficult transferring the milk from my body to tiny little Aila's body could be...

I vaguely remember Aila and I learning together how to accomplish this task of nursing...my head bobbing as my brain snapped in and out of consciousness. Her hungry cries echoing through the house. The contraptions....oh...the contraptions. Further details??? on the contraptions...maybe someday. For now....we finally began to get the hang of things. We did run into one problem, though. Perhaps I was just destined to be lopsided for the rest of my life? Well, I'd read that many babies prefer one side over the other, so I wasn't entirely surprised by this. I was advised to not let her decide which side she wanted to eat on, so I tried that route. It worked....sort of. She did eventually begin to eat on the left as well as the right...and by as well...I mean also...not really "as well". She has never really been much of a left side eater, so I have always put her on the left first.

What is the point of this story, you might ask. Well, despite my attempts to prevent any left-sided loppiness, it has happened. The L-S-L is here....to stay?

1 comments:

chae said...

I feel your pain. Probably not as much just yet but I am sure that I will get there. :)