4.6.08

For the sake of my blog-scribers

It appears as though my week of blog-cation left some of my readers thinking I may never return. Well....here I am!!! Back again.

OK...I'm sure this will change...eventually, BUT, Dave and I went to a movie tonight. My mom watched the baby. I've only left her for entertainment purposes a few times...and I don't really enjoy it. I find myself being a clock watcher. That's right, I'm the girl in the movie theatre hitting the indiglo button on her Timex every 3.5 minutes. Hey, at least it's not the cell phone light...and I'm quiet about it.

Although, I missed a call during the previews...sorry CM! Call again soon!

Dave and Aila are getting into a groove together. I'm thinking this summer is going to work out well, and I'm super excited that they get to spend this time together. I guess, in a way, it might make up for some of the time he missed with her thoughout this whole moving process. It is sort of funny to watch the "MAN" learn his way around being a "Stay-at-home MOM!" ;) He's doing great! (He reads this blog! ;) Keep it up, babe! Next on the "to-learn" list...multitasking! Just joking. Seriously, I couldn't ask for anything more! He's really doing wonderfully. I'm so thankful that Aila has him; I'm pretty thankful I have him too!

Last night, I got a dinner ready for tonight for Dave to just pop in the oven a couple of hours before I would be home from work. I had been so pleased the last couple of days when I would come home because the stench from the house was slowly improving....tonight....the stench was back in FULL FORCE!!! Apparently turning on the oven was a horrible, terrible, disgustingly BADBADBAD idea!!! It smelled sort of like what I remember my great-uncles huge dog kennels smelling like! YUCK! We went to my parents immediately! The landlords brought us another stove while we were gone, and when we came back home...it smelled SO much better. YEAH....oh....but too bad my mom spent so long cleaning the old smellified stove on Sunday! She's been having nightmares. Perhaps we could sue for her psych bills! Just send me copies of the bills, Mom! We'll get it taken care of. And please, try to see something-anything other than mouse poo when you close your eyes!

1 comments:

Texasholly said...

That is crazy about the stinky stove.

I love that your hubby is doing great--the multi-tasking thing came hard for me too!