25.4.08

Debbie Downer

OK- So I'm going to do my best to not be such a Negative Nancy anymore...at least for the next few hours! ;)

When that little precious Aila of mine looks at me and grins, the whole world seems to stop. What an amazing little thing! She is absolutely perfect, so what could be wrong around her!

The one thing I'm beginning to think could be wrong, however, is that (I am ashamed to admit) she can't read yet (although, I think we have both memorized How Big is Baby Elmo). She will most likely NOT be a college professor (click on college professor...it didn't highlight like it was supposed to) by the age of 2, and, therefore, I believe I have not fulfilled my duties as a parent. She has, however, mastered the art of smiling, squealing, and the latest achievement (still a work in progess)....we are working on drinking water from a sippy cup! (Pics to follow later from the home computer!) YEAH! Our milestones pale in comparison...Still, we're happy about it! Aila will just have to settle for being the kid who is smart, but still manages to fit in with her peers...weird that we're okay with that, huh!?

0 comments: