27.3.08

So there I was...

standing in front of the microwave in the cafeteria, warming up my left over lasagna, when suddenly, an old white headed woman steps in front of me, pulls my lasagna out of the microwave, and pops her lunch in. I am standing there with my jaw on the floor, when she takes her lunch out, shuts the microwave door, turns and practically runs me over without saying a word. I was trying my hardest, but for those of you who know me well...especially those I have worked with...I put my lunch BACK in the microwave, and closed the door loud enough for her to hear (the cafeteria is really small). Oops...probably shouldn't do that. I know old people think that they are more important than us younger folk, and I know that I am supposed to respect my elders...but COME ON!!! Apparently, I'm a little grumpy today.

My little sugar pie got to spend the last day and a half with her cousins! Olivia and Eva are super cute with her. They love to hold her, and I think Aila likes it too. It's neat to think that they will grow up together. She still hasn't rolled over yet, but when she wakes up from her naps, she likes to lay on her back, happily screaming, and trying her hardest to roll over! She's so close, I'm going to have to hold her back!

Last night, Aila and I went to dinner with my brother. The other girls had gone to church, and I didn't know if God would like my scrubs, so....I was being a little heathen! Anyway, we're sitting in this booth that has maybe 18 inches between the table and the back of the seat, making it difficult to manuever a baby should she start to cry. At first, she was okay. I had her sitting in my lap, facing the other side of the table. Brian and I were talking, and he stops and says, "She has something on her face". I looked down at the little goofball....well, let's just say she has eaten something now, other than breast milk. MMMMM.....napkin....yummy. I looked at my napkin, and sure enough, there was a BITE out of it. What a great mother, I am, huh? Really paying attention! Smooth move, Momma! Then, of course, after I eat about 2 bites of my dinner, she starts crying, and I can't do a thing with her, what with 18 inches to work in. So, I have to get up. If anyone knows me at all, they know I don't like to be the center of attention. Last night was my first tiny little glimpse of what life in public with children will be like. Guess I better get used to it, huh?

0 comments: