18.3.08

Opinions


This one is to be a word of encouragement for those of you who may be going through the same thing I am...a word of warning to those who will go through it...and probably just a boring entry to those of you who have already gone through it...
I remember when I was pregnant, it seemed like everyone had an opinion on everything I did. Telling me I should eat this/not that...drink this/not that...sleep on your side...sit down as much as possible...stand up as much as possible...after about 2 seconds of it, frankly, you are tired of hearing people's opinions. Then, as your due date approaches...sleep when the baby sleeps...make your husband do this or that...get a basinet for your room...don't get a basinet for your room... OH NO!!!! What am I going to do??? You think, "I don't know what I am doing. I haven't ever cared for a new life before!" And let me just tell you, after the baby is born, that whole scenario is magnified about a million times.
It is nice to have experienced mothers share with you, but, I promise, even experienced mothers have differing views. Even health care professionals have differing opinions. Because we moved shortly after Aila was born, we have seen 2 different pediatricians, not to mention the 3 we saw in the hospital...and each of them have said things that contradicted the other. It's scary at first because you are so afraid of hurting this tiny little baby, but let me tell you...after much prayer, (get ready...here comes MY opinion!!!!) God gives us instincts for a reason. You know what is best for your baby, and it may not always be what is best for someone else's baby. There will be times when you don't know what to do, and then you pray, and you ask others for their gentle advice.
The bottom line is that God has hand picked you to be the mother of your baby, and he will give you the insight you need to bring him/her up the way He wants you to. Of every woman on this planet, God picked you...He picked your baby to be with you. So, whenever you feel as though people are pushing their ideas on you, and you feel confused, remember that...that God knew you would be the only one who had the heart your baby needed, and if all else fails...pray for His opinion!

0 comments: